Friday, April 27, 2012

You Load 16 tons....

For anyone who has spent time around me you know I really dig interesting nuggets, factoids, and data about the building project. I know so many people who are gonna smack me if I say "this building is as long as one and a half football fields" one more time because I just can't seem to shut up about it. And yet, when people come back from even a short tour they say "wow, that's a huge building"....I KNOW!

As we end day five of loading new furniture into Nancy Nicholas Hall, let me share one more nugget with you: the good people of Emmons Business Interiors (who are handling the private office and workstation furniture) have moved in more than 75 tons of furniture into the building. They have done it cheerfully, professionally and with great care and as I learned today, members of the firm who worked on the furniture plans and design are Human Ecology grads.

"you load sixteen tons, and what do you get - another floor loaded and we ain't done yet"

My little riff - thanks Tennessee Ernie Ford.