Monday, April 9, 2012

Move Specifics: FAQ

Is it true we will have a shower in the building? That is so great because I ride my bike to work!

Yes, the building has (2) showers available exclusively for faculty and staff use. Contact Miranda Hofmann via email at mohofman@wisc.edu to learn more about access.

I want to host an event this summer in the new building – what should I do?

Unfortunately we are not able to host external groups, guests or special events this summer; the staff will be working hard to get processes and operations running smoothly and efficiently for the fall. That being said, of course, regular Human Ecology meetings (i.e. staff meetings, department meetings, etc.) may be held in the new building. Please send your meeting requests to roomrequest@mail.sohe.wisc.edu

Do I have to move my cruddy wastebasket?

No you won’t have to move those nasty things, new recycle and wastebaskets are provided for you as part of the project.

Will I have help packing?

Everyone is responsible for packing their own office or workstation. Please work with your department chair or unit supervisor to determine strategies for packing shared spaces such as department offices, storage rooms or reception areas.

What if I’m away and can't get packed, will someone pack for me?

If you are away it’s best to pack early or bake some really tasty cookies to get someone to help you. Everyone is responsible for their own space.