Monday, October 31, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

I love fall - between the Packers and the Badgers it's just heaven for football in Wisconsin. As an added bonus I park in campus parking Lot 17 which overlooks Camp Randall. No kidding - walking out to my car I can lean over the west side and look down on the practice fields. Or if I park on the top level I am eye-to-eye with Camp Randall. It's a pretty cool view.

Last Monday I was at the construction site and spent a bit of time walking the north side. Holy cats, it's stunning. As I stepped back on the Observatory walkway I got to wondering....just how long is the new complex?

According to our design team, the length of the new facility (existing and addition) is longer than a football field - 1.4 times the length of a football field from the end zone to end zone. Since our building has connections between the addition and existing that are uninterrupted, I should be able to drop a few pounds just walking east to west.

That is if I don't stop halfway at the cafe for a little nosh....you know, just to keep my energy up.

On Wisconsin!