Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On a Clear Day



Loving life here on campus -- we are just a few short days away from commencement, parking will be a little easier and I won't have to schedule meetings around class change times (driving anywhere around campus during class change means you have to factor in an additional 15 minutes.)


Most of all I am thinking that in just 12 months we will begin moving into our new building. On a day like today when it's a comfortable 75 degrees, sun shining and a light breeze I imagine sitting on the roof terrace of Human Ecology. To the north I will see Washburn Observatory, peek to the west and linger on stately Ag Hall, then full east to take in the glory of our new addition. At night the 100 Women scuplture on the glass wall will be lit with energy effecient LED lights, creating a totally different feel for the area.


I'm counting the days.